Sunday, February 10, 2013

The beginning of our Journey

I want to start by saying Ryan and I sincerely appreciate your thoughts and prayers during this time. We agreed that we would share our experience and begin to answer questions, which I'm sure most of you have...we will try to keep everyone updated by using this blog....My original due date was April 12th. I had no issues during pregnancy, not even morning sickness. My appointments were all normal and I was coasting through. I began experiencing cramps on Wed Jan 2nd. I called my Dr and she assured me they were Braxton Hicks contractions, so I continued my day at work. The discomfort never went away. I was unable to sleep, so I went in without an appointment the next morning Thurs Jan 3rd. She checked and said my cervix was closed. She tested to see if I was going into labor and said the results would be back the next day. In the meantime she advised me to take Tylenol to ease the pain. She also took me off work the rest of the week and said I could return on Monday. I was actually scheduled to fly out to Baltimore on Sun Jan 6th for work, but she said I had to cancel it. The pain continued, but I fought through it. The nurse called the next afternoon, Fri Jan 4th, and confirmed the results were negative, so I wasnt in labor. I advised her that I was still in pain and she suggested Tylenol and a hot shower/bath. I could not sleep at all due to the pain. I went to use the restroom and was alarmed to find a good amount of blood. It was around 1:30AM Sat Jan 5th, so I woke Ryan up and we drove to the nearest ER(St.Francis), which was not the hospital I was registered to deliver. They checked me and confirmed I was dilated 3cm, there was no doubt I was in labor, so they admitted me around 2:15AM. My contractions were very close together. They called my Dr and she advised them to stabilize me enough to transport me to Methodist Germantown. I arrived there around noon and remained stable, so I rested most of the day. I was still experiencing contractions, but they were only 1-2 every hour or so. My Dr advised me that I would remain there until I delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment